Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Meet Tag!

So after weeks of back and forth deciding whether we wanted a dog or not, I went to visit the Iron County Animal Shelter yesterday and my heart broke after seeing all the dogs in there deserving of a good home. I fell in love with Taggart, a supposedly 3 year old Hound mix. He was the only one who wasn't barking; he just sat as good as gold in his cage, looking up at me with these big brown eyes, wagging his tail, patiently waiting to be shown some attention. 2 People had told me that he was a really good dog, and after telling them what I was looking for in a dog, they said he would be perfect for us. Wade went to the Shelter today and fell in love with him as quickly as I did, and we now have a dog! Meet Tag. He is full of fun and endless amounts of energy which makes us think that he is younger than the 3 years old we were told he was. As I'm writing this, he's been ours for about 5 hours and him and Wade already have a bond; he follows him round everywhere and I have a good feeling that he's going to be a really good companion for the both of us. We don't know his background/history - all we know is that he was found wandering Brianhead, the ski-resort area of our County. We took him for a walk this afternoon and he doesn't seem bothered by people or the other dogs we encountered on our walk. Welcome to the family Tag! We are so happy to have you with us.




No comments:

Post a Comment